Sunday 7 April 2019

Cameron Highlands Trip - Lavender Garden

This was also new to us. We checked out of the apartment and started for KL via Simpang Pulai. Along the way we stopped at Lavender Garden just out of curiosity and to see what it was about. I had smelled fresh lavender in Manchester as Ismahan had a few pots of it. I also tried picking fresh strawberries for Ikram. When the others tasted it - it was absolutely much delicious and crunchy and juicy compared to those packed ones that my sister in-law bought. The fruits were much smaller than the packed version. Ikram totally enjoyed it when he got it that night when he arrived after work to join us in KL. I picked about 30 fruits which cost me rm23. Every 200 gm was rm10.

Entrance fee was rm10 per adult and rm7 for kids under 12. We tried the lavender flavoured ice-cream. Home made of course. It had a strong lavender smell that my dear brother in-law commented that it smelled like Fabuloso !!! My mind immediately conjured the image of the floor detergent !!!
I enjoyed the flowers. The did sold the flowers but you had to pick and cut them yourself. So you would have freshly cut flowers. There were some vegetables from the farm like pumpkins, sweet potatoes and chillies. I forgot to take photos of the lavender flowers !!! And some species had no smell while there was one that smelled when you gave it a slight squeeze of the flowers.

Home made lavender ice-cream - rm5 per cone




Lovers' locks ....





30 strawberries for rm23 - fresh, juicy and sweet
It was a worthwhile and enjoyable holiday as we were with like-minded people. For my sister in-law and family it was a different side of CH as they usually just went where tourists always visited. For me and the guys, CH was so familiar as I have a sister who lives here. Thus, we usually go for holidays here. Now they are asking where for the next trip .... hmmm ... KK?


No comments:

Post a Comment