Saturday 17 December 2011

Sometimes I Wonder...

Sometimes I wonder what is it that I have done in  my life that people want to look me up and find me after all these years....I must have left such an impact in their lives that they try to find me. It is nice and I feel much honoured and touched that there are people who value my friendship.

Julie Guan was my junior in Form 6, CHIJ 1979-1980. She was always hanging around with my group i.e. Maureen, Chai Choo, Pay Boon, Lay Tin and Bee Yan. That was yeeaaaarrrsss ago. Last we met was the farewell dinner which the Lower 6 organised for us. Last year, she managed to locate me and called me on my mobile phone. She managed to get my number from those who had it i.e. Pay Boon through the CHIJ alumni dinner. She came to Alor Setar last weekend and finally, after all of 30 years, we finally met face to face. I could hardly recognise her. She said I look almost the same minus the weight gain...hu..hu..hu.. ;-) She has a Malay adopted family, two beautiful, excellent daughters and running a business in everything. :=)  It was a quick catching up and nostalgic remembering what we did or rather I did all those years. It was truly touching that she tried to find me. How small the world is that we are somehow inter-related through her cousin who is married Noor's cousin or something :-) Abang Thomas, Kak Lily, Azmi, Khadijah... semua orang Bukit Rambai. She's also from Bukit Rambai. 

Another junior is Hapizah Md. Taib from MPMK, JB. She was my housemate at 4, Jalan Juara, JB where we resided for 2 years together. She also used to hang around us , her seniors in the house. She managed to locate me through her sister who is teaching in Alor Setar. She managed to find out my location from one of my classmate's facebook. She asked her sister to call my school to get my phone number and gave me a call one night. It was such a sweet surprise that she remembered me after almost 25 years! I could hardly recognise her. Through her I managed to get Muna and Leha's numbers. They were our housemates too but my batch. It was lovely. I have yet to meet her in person as she is now is Mersing, which is hardly along my way. InsyaAllah, one day.

 Maimunah Yunos. My housemate. My confidante. My friend. My sister in Islam. My conscience. If I were to think of her, it would be with a loving smile.I finally met up with Muna about 2 years ago when I went to Muar and she  made a concerted effort to meet me. It seems that they live in Shah's, Noor's brother, housing area. What a small, small world. We really had a good time and laughed the night away.

Sometimes I wonder how Noor tolerates all my idiosyncracies with my friends!!!! Yet, he always encourages me to find my friends, gives me time to spend with them, humour me and my pettiness,goes out of his way to find these friends for me,  more often than not understands why I need my friends.

Shamsuriani Shamsuddin. From Seremban. My room mate. My friend. My confidante. The person who shared my tears, joy and sorrow. My father's death. My first heart break. Part of the three years of my life. My conscience. She is worse that Jiminy Cricket in Pinnochio. When Akmal got into SDAR, Seremban, she was the first one I tried to contact to be my son's guardian and god-mother. The same goes when Ikram was enrolled in the same school. I never lost touch with her.

Somehow, over the years, among friends, the years just never seem to part us. Somehow, with Allah's will, it was like we have never been parted although we may not meet for years on.

No comments:

Post a Comment