Sunday 29 July 2018

My Manchester, UK Trip - 3

After discussion on the best time to go there, we decided on going towards the end of winter and the starting of spring. The weather would start to get warmer. But nobody could forecast the freezing Siberian winds which hit UK and Europe. They called it the "Beast from the East". It had not snowed heavily in Manchester since 2010. So many people were out to play sledging in the snow laden hills. I thought I had avoided the snow but Allah"s grace ... I even got to play sledging in Manchester ... and touched the softness of the snow.

The bare backyard ....
Snow had started to fall ... soft, gentle snowflakes of various shapes and sizes


Snow starting to fill the backyard

All covered in snow

Cold ... so cold that I was hugging a bag to keep warm and fully covered up

Trudging up the slopes - the snow was wet and bogged down my steps 
It was fun although the temperature was below 0 C. A one time it was -4C. I never imagined that I would ever touch snow or walk on it or play on it or make snowballs ... Alhamdulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment