Saturday 23 March 2013

Why wait?

Noor and I went back to Melaka for some wedding obligations of family and close friend. We arrived Melaka on Friday early morning so that we had an extra day before the obligations started. We decided to visit my family when he lamented about some close friends. Thus, I told him "Why wait? Just go and visit them now. For all you know, we may never get the chance to meet up with them. We don't know what tomorrow brings but we have today. We have now."  So, he turned the car to visit a friend at Kerubung whose husband had just had two toes amputated due to diabetes. We last met her I think three years ago.

After that, we went to another friend's house near Air Molek whose mother passed away last month. We knew her mother quite well. So, it was not only an obligatory visit but a fulfilled wish to meet up and express our condolences personally. I could just held her close and tight for a long moment. Without saying a word, she understood how I felt for her loss. She is the only child and her mother was her whole life. At least she has a husband who is also a friend. :-)

Today we fulfilled a wedding obligation of Noor's cousin. It was my old friends' house. I got to meet up with Mail. We had not met for almost what ... 10 years? His brother, Kamal, was my classmate at night class. He had gone totally blind. We do not know how much time we have together. When he heard my voice and recognised Noor, he asked about another old friend. We got to meet Abang Hashim, Halim and Ahmad, their brothers. We spent almost two hours there as Noor met up with some of his other relatives.

Later, we proceeded to the late Zali's family house. He was also related to Noor. He passed away last month but we could not go back to pay our last respects. Thus, we met his parents and paid a courtesy call to pay our last respects personally.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Muar before going to KL. This is also to fulfill a wedding invitation of my ex-housemate in teacher training college. Her daughter is getting married. We were and are very close. I hope to meet up with some ex-college colleagues who are invited to the wedding reception. Those living around JB and Muar. InsyaAllah, this wish will also be fulfilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment