Wednesday 1 April 2015

Ramblings ....;-}

Rambling 1

 After almost two months of the scorching, blazing hot weather .... we finally got rain !!!! Its been raining for three days albeit in the late afternoon. Yesterday I had classes until 3:30pm. It was pouring at about that time which caused all of us to be stranded in school instead of leaving for home. I was tired yet so joyful because it rained cats and dogs. Instead of waiting for the rain to subside, I took off my shoes, clutched my bags and walked happily in the heavy rain towards my car. Yes, I was wet but it sort of washed off the stress that I had been under for weeks .... By the time I arrived home, the rain had subsided and stopped completely. The lovely weather (I love after-rain weather) motivated me to go for my evening walk. It was cooling and refreshing. The skies were still dark and as soon as I completed my second round, big drops of rain started to fall again. Laughing to myself, I made a dash for the car and safely got in it before the rain started to pour. The snag was - it was a long traffic crawl home as I had to pass through the town to reach home ..... anyway, it was a fantastic day !!!! The next day it would be so hot that you could hardly open your eyes and so humid that you are sweating even though all you did was sat down .... I have always loved the rain ...
"Hujan yang turun,
  Bersama air mata,
  Bersama pedih bersama rindu ...
  Kau datang dan kau pergi jua...
  Rindu lagi ... "
    -Sudirman's "Hujan"-

The heavy rain from the porch of my house ... 

Rambling 2 

School had been hectic and stressful since it reopened with a new boss and her way of getting things done. I would say it was a transformation process in progress. She took over the school in a condition where it really needed a firm hand and person. I felt that there was no time for anything. So much paper work and running around getting things done ASAP .... ad hoc .... like you had no time to sit and eat or read the papers ... by the end of the day I was so exhausted. It is now April ... slowly we got used to her way of doing things. I needed to get away .... I was so exhausted after six periods of classes plus extra class that when an old friend send me an mms of a part of my hometown - the place where I grew up, lived, studied, fell in love, lost my father, lost our one and only aunty, celebrated Abang, Abang Omar, Naim, Kak Leha, Kak Ti and Kak Hajar weddings, welcoming Nadia's birth and finally left .... it caused me to suddenly long for my sisters, parents' graves, food, pampering, love, sense of being protected and secure. I had not gone back since last Eid ul-Adha. My sisters were wondering and calling to know if I was returning for the term break but I had the SAL project going. That bridge was just opposite near my old home - 4078-C, Peringgit, Melaka. Of course it was no longer there after my father's demise. Hmmm ... so nostalgic. Is it due to being more than half a century old that you began to look for little things that used to be pushed deep into the recesses of the mind that now meant so much ...??? As this old friend said - "every time he passed by this stretch of road, he would reminisce the past..." . Yeah ... I guess so. Everything started here - where we grew up and learned about our young lives. One day, as like now, it would just be a blur memory .....

The bridge across the road to my old house ... old friend, old house, old memories ...

No comments:

Post a Comment