Sunday 21 August 2016

If Only We Could ...


Do you wish you could go back to the past? Yes, I wish I could go back to the past and yes, I do not want to change anything. I suppose I have reached the stage of my life where I accept that this is my life now. Even if there are regrets, you cannot do anything much except to make sure that the future is livable and acceptable. Just make the best of the situation would be my life's motto. I put out this question to my youngest son - "What if I had married someone else?" He looked at me and with all innocence - "Then you would not have us...". How true .... and I would not exchange them for anything in this world.

What would I like to re-live of my past that is my most precious moments? I guess knowing what love is all about. The innocence, the believe, the faith and the sentiment (thanks to all the fairy tales that we have been exposed to) that love ends happily ever after. At that stage of life, with no experience except as friends, good friends, best friends etc ... how naive and trusting we were. All the sentiments planted in our  minds ... love conquers all ... love is letting go ... love has no pride ... love is everything ... Now that we are adults (and  matured, hopefully) with loads of experience emotionally and mentally, we have become more cynical and skeptical. We know better that love is compromise, tolerance, patience, give and take (though more often more giving than taking) and acceptance. Thus, we wish we could go back to the past .... hmmm ... ;-))

There are so many precious moments that all of us would like to re-live. There are so many things we can learn from the past too. And ... there are so many things that we do not want to re-live ... yet have to accept. Each moment of time teaches us a lesson which either we learn from it or ignore it.





No comments:

Post a Comment