Thursday 6 December 2012

CCCM - Melaka/Bangi : Day 6 - Breakfast / Lunch

Early morning, we went to the market in Peringgit to buy kueh. We bought the pulut tetal, kueh chang and kueh bakar. Wah wanted to find the "inang" a kind of dried food made of pulut. We bought "char kuey" along the way for kak Ti. Then, we stopped at a stall near Batu Berendam and had breakfast of lontong and mee hoon goreng. Kak Haj add on half-cooked fried egg to her lontong. She managed to finish off her portion of lontong. Good improvement !!!
After the "inang" had been fried
The "inang"  - a local dried food made of pulut
After we had rested, we started to leave for our next destination - Bangi. We had already told Nadia that we would be there for lunch. She had no classes at that hour. She is a lecturer at UKM. Nadia is Kak Haj's daughter. Lunch would be her treat. This time we managed to coax and persuade Kak Leha and Kak Tie to come along for the ride. Kak Tie's daughters are in Kelana Jaya. Plus her first grand daughter. Abang Md. Noor is going off to Pulau Besar to conduct a course. So, she would be on her own. Thus, I have the 4 sisters with me. They talked and laughed and reminisced about the past all the way to Bangi. Honestly, I was very tired with a stiff neck. I had been driving everyday since Sunday albeit with stops along the way. Do you know that it is more tiring with many stops then just one, long, straight forward journey? I was always unsure where we would end up next as plans were made along the way. Anyway, I was theirs to be made used as they please...      :-})  Nadia took us to the famous nasi beriani gam in Bangi. The rice was very nice. Just like makan nasi khenduri. I loved mine dry so I opted for the fried ayam kampong goreng. I had mine with air bandung la ... to maintain its authenticity.  :-D   
Mine was nasi beriani ayam kampong goreng - Yummilicious
Kak Tie, Wah and Nadia's choice - nasi beriani ayam. Kak Haj main "curi-curi makan" 
Kak Leha had the nasi beriani daging
Once it had entered the "Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan" programme, more people came - we had to queue for the food  as it was self-service
After that we adjourned to Nadia's apartment to rest and performed our prayers. I had a shut-eye while the others chatted among themselves catching up with Nadia's life. I needed the short nap. I was the only driver. Later we went back to Kelana Jaya to Wah's house. They asked to stop near Giant supermarket to survey what food was available for tea. This was really living up to the theme of the holiday - "cari makan". They bought goreng pisang. laksa, rambutan, kueh ... I surrender !!! I refused to eat anything anynore for now. When we had reached home at Wah's to rest, they said that tonight we would go vegetarian and be good. Ha..ha..ha.. I think I will go for a much needed walk. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment