Sunday 24 September 2017

The Solo Trip - Taken.

After two weeks of being in KJ while waiting for Ikram, I was getting restless. I had already arranged meet-ups with a few close friends including one who was back from Melbourne. I had enjoyed an evening with a school classmate who had reverted to Islam.  An interesting discussion of the religion from the perspective of a revert and a born Muslim. I was humbled. Finally, Ikram had completed his two weeks stint at AD and I had another three days to wait for Syafiq to submit his FYP. An old friend seemed too busy to meet up. Maybe the last meet-up disrupted the usual routine and the dear old friend must had been so bored. Well, the old friend did looked preoccupied. I could only apologise for taking up the old friend's precious hours.


Thus, I discussed with Akmal and Ikram and they encouraged me to go off for my solo road trip but with a specific destination in mind. I called up my dearest college roommates - Sham was not available as she had just welcomed her new grandchild. Alhamdulillah. I called Muna and she told me to come. When she asked if I was driving or taking the bus and I answered the former, I could already guess what she was thinking. Her partner, who was also a college mate, must had the same thoughts and urged me to come. He was willing to take an MC to welcome me. ... such warmth and love. I dispelled their negative thoughts and told her partner to go to work and leave Muna and I alone. They thought I was running away from home since I was driving solo.


After breakfast with Wah, I started out. I was quite okay and although I knew I had a bad sense of direction, I knew I would make it. I drove leisurely and let the mind wandered anywhere it wanted to. It was a three hour drive but I did not felt it as I was just looking forward for a few days of therapy. Traffic was smooth even though it was a Sunday. And although I got lost but I was in her area. It took her thirty minutes to locate me as she had a bad sense of direction too !!! :-))

We laughed it out as she guided me to her house. Her partner left us alone and only joined us for our meals. They welcomed me with open arms and hearts. Her partner told me to stay on as long as I liked and still wanted to take an MC to entertain me. I told him to go off to work. During one of our breakfast sessions, I was just commenting what happened to one guy who was quite close to me during our first year in college. The magic of Allah. I was reversing my car and his car entered the parking lot next to mine. When Muna confirmed it was him, I stopped the car behind his and called out his full name. He did not recognise me but when he saw Muna, he knew who I was. We joined his wife and him for a drink again. Our relationship lasted for about two months I guess since I would not go out with him. Our meet-ups were only at college and during college functions. He was Sham's and Muna's classmate. Then, one day, we saw him with another girl ...hmmm ... what a short term affair ... of course we did not tell his wife !!!! :-)) Both of us had a great time reminiscing our college years. It was where we grew up and became adults ...

It was good therapy for both of us. Muna had also opted to retire as of this year. We told our deepest secrets that we could not share with anyone else. Secrets that we could not talk even to our partners or other close friends. We laughed and cried about everything. We thrashed out how we had changed not only physically but emotionally and mentally. It was a cleansing session for both of us for the three days and two nights I was there.This was the first time we had time just for ourselves by ourselves. It was simply fantastic. Alhamdulillah.


I do not know if I would have a solo time like this again. Allah had given me time out for "me time". I just needed it and He granted it. It was unplanned although it was at the back of my mind. It was just that the destination was fixed for me by Allah. A journey that took me into the arms of a friend who was also a sister. Thank you, Muna for just being more than a friend. My deepest appreciation and heartfelt thanks to Amat, her partner for tolerating me monopolising her for the days I was there. Thank you, Allah, for always being with me. Alhamdulillah. SubhanAllah.



No comments:

Post a Comment