Sunday 7 July 2013

Nasi Daging / Bukhari

I found this packet of spices at the supermarket. Since the guys liked to eat flavoured rice, I decided to try this with a little modification on my part due to listening how others cooked their version.


I added thinly sliced garlic, big onions, fresh, ripe tomato, one serai, ginger juice and the four spices (bunga lawang, bunga cengkih, buah pelaga and kulit kayu manis). I used beef that had already pre-cooked to tender. Planta margarine for oil instead of minyak sapi as it is not advisable for cholesterol. I liked to cook this as you eat this dry without gravy like dalca or curry or kurma. Thus, I added the air asam and salad of tomato+cucumber+lettuce with a squeeze of lemon. It was a success because the guys ate till the last morsel of the rice!!! :-DD))

Nasi bukhari/daging. the tender meat, salad and air asam as the side dish. Simple yet satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment