Friday 24 January 2014

Mee Bandung Tulang

Muna and Amat gave me this mee bandung paste when I last visited them in Muar last year. They also gave me rempah soto paste which was already cooked for the guys. They liked its spicy soup. So, since Ikram was home for his semester break and the paste was idling in the fridge ... why not I cooked it and gave the staff at Noor's shop a Friday treat? Usually Friday I brought for them food. Just a small Friday khenduri. Fried mee or instant curry puff fried for them or black pepper macaroni or ... just fruits...or McDonalds. In fact if I did not prepare something for them due to time constraint, I usually gave them some money for food. It's nothing much but it meant a lot for the working staff.

The mee bandung paste - it had Mak's name on it !!!!
As usual, I improvised and modified. I cooked with some onions and chilli paste to make it spicier. Then I added the beef stock, ginger and sliced fresh tomatoes. When it had come to a boil, I added the paste. I put in the eggs first one by one. After it was done, I took out the eggs. After that I added in sup bunjut ADABI, celery stalks, the pre-cooked till tender tulang, salt and sugar to taste. Finally I added in the prawns. Hmmm ... the smell of dried prawns from the paste was very appetizing. ... :-)p

I blanched some sawi and yellow mee. I took all the garnishings and put the gravy in a container. Thus, I packed the mee and its garnishing individually so that it would be easier for the staff to eat it when they were free.
All it needs is the gravy ... yummy ... ;-))
It had been some time since I cooked for these people. Last holidays I hardly stayed long in Alor Setar since I was up and down to KL. During Christmas, we had Noor's mother and family but they stayed in Kangar so it was the two of us going up and down Kangar for the week they were here. Besides, the boys were all at their respective universities.

Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah. For the strength and patience and the ability to still cook and feed others. InsyaAllah ... I will continue to do so if this is the only thing I am good at ... ha..ha.. ha.. :-D))p


No comments:

Post a Comment