Sunday 29 June 2014

What a lovely surprise ... :-))

I am very pleased with myself. This year family wise, I am very blessed with the thoughtfulness of the boys. Yes, I am always grateful and appreciate the boys love, care, consideration and tolerance of their parents especially their unstereotypical, unconventional mum.

This year I am pleased with myself that somehow I have done something right with the boys. Usually they never give us any presents or gifts of significant value due to financial constraint ... huh??... :-D))
( sometimes I think they have more money than my monthly bank balance - of course they will not tell me  and let me think that they are always in dire need of money .... they get their monthly allowance from their father, extras from mum and aunties and during semester breaks when they help out  at their father's shop, they are given salary ). Ok, back to what the boys had done this year for Mother's and Father's days. :-)

I showed an advertisement in the newspaper of a Pandora charm bracelet promotion for Mother's day to Syafiq who was home for his semester break. I found out later how they went about to get a beautiful charm bracelet for their Mum. :-))  What I gathered was Syafiq mooted the idea of the charm bracelet to his brothers. Since he was in Alor Setar and there was no outlet here and Ikram was Melaka, that left Akmal to survey the price as there was an outlet in Kota Kinabalu. Akmal hated shopping but could be very patient if he had to accompany me or his aunties. He had never entered a jewelry store before. Thus, he asked his female friends to help him and inquire the price.... it was beyond their budget!!! Ha...ha.... :-)). So, Syafiq being techno savvy, surfed the internet. He loved internet shopping whereas we did not trust it so much. Anyway, he found a replica of the bracelet at Soufeel website in US. He ordered it, paid with his bank's debit card and had it couriered to me. The other two guys agreed and paid up into his account. The plan backfired as I was in Penang for a course. Thus, it was a sweet surprise when I came home and found a cute parcel on my dressing table. I loved it!!!! I asked Syafiq the price and he told me. I thought it was too expensive as they were not working yet .... It was beautiful and although it was made of silver, it was the most expensive piece of jewelry as they were from the boys.

The charms consist of designs with the word MOM engraved on it ... I love it!!!
They did the same for their father and Noor was so touched, he was speechless. I guess he never thought the boys would bother giving him anything as he was not the type to spoil the boys with gifts or presents for any occasion. Usually I would reward them for anything - birthdays, Speech day, result day or Convo day. What did they get him? Noor had an iPhone for his internet and an old Nokia for his calls. Even though the Nokia had given him problems, he would just sent it for repairs. The boys bought him a Nokia Lumia and couriered it to him to surprise him. Imagine his reaction when he opened it .... he was so touched .... I love the boys ... for appreciating their father. I guess I had done something right with them .... Alhamdulillah.

The Nokia Lumia on the left, the box and the Poslaju packaging ...

What a lovely surprise - the wallpaper on the screen which Syafiq had done for his father ... so thoughtful of him on behalf of his brothers ... ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment