Saturday 28 June 2014

A Wish ....

When I heard that my mother in-law was hospitalised in Melaka, I knew I wanted to go back. It is a commitment from me as the daughter in-law. Noor was in JB for a course. My sons were in their respective universities. I did not know where the courage came from to decide to drive alone from Alor Setar to Melaka which would take about 7 hours. All I knew I wanted to do it. I wanted to challenge myself if I dared enough to do it. Maybe it was obligation, commitment or responsibility but I wanted to. My old friend used to tell me that his youngest sister always travelled from Kuala Terengganu to Kuala Lumpur alone along Karak Highway. So, why not I ?? ;-}



 Although it was not quite safe to drive alone on the highway, I decided to just do it with Allah as my Protector. The petrol tank was full, the Touch&Go card was reloaded so I did not have to make any unnecessary stop along the highway, this would be my first time driving along the highway alone.

Ever had the feeling of driving alone? I loved being alone and driving on my own. How do I describe the feeling? I have always driven alone but within Kedah/Penang area. This was my first time driving alone on the highway to Melaka. Noor would only give permission if I had someone else with me. I used to drive with the boys when they were as young as 2 years old. I think over the years he has learned to let me do whatever I want to do for the good of others. He has also learned that it is always better if he gives his blessings instead of restraining me or stopping me. I know that he would appreciate it if I go back to visit his mother who is everything to him. Besides, Noor is also a friend. My return would make his mother feel that she was important enough for me to visit her. If I could make everybody happy, why not huh???  :-))

While I was driving along the highway and saw miles and miles stretched in front of me ..... I wished I could just go on and on and on ...... to nowhere, anywhere ..... somewhere .... away from the responsibilities, obligations, commitments ..... but it was only a wish ....:-)) . Reality hit me on the face when I saw the exit to my destination ..... Yet hang on to the wish because by the grace of Allah, wishes do come true. One day .....  :-D))  Someone once told me - Be careful of what you wish for. It may just come true ......


No comments:

Post a Comment