Wednesday 20 May 2015

Final Teachers' Day ????

For all I know, this could be my last and final celebration of Teachers' Day, insyaAllah. God willing. As was the trend of celebrating this auspicious day to celebrate and appreciate teachers .... it was a muted, low-keyed celebration due to exams in progress but put on hold for one day, the STPM second semester exam would be on the next day and I had another ULKCP meeting at 1:00pm on that day ;-{{.  I had just returned from Penang last week for a two-day meeting on ULKCP too. The week before I was out to check the ULBS files. I may be on the way to retiring but my work and commitment with the LPM and JPN Testing and Evaluation Sector were still on.

There was the usual assembly, speeches and shows. There was no special lunch or any class party. There was just a pot luck party organised by the Staff to appreciate ourselves. .... oh well .... I did not think I would miss out on anything when I left ...

Anyway, there was the usual presents and gifts of appreciation from the students. The one that really stood out this year was this hand-made card from one of the boys .... he painstakingly and lovingly drew each card for every one of his subject teachers, cut a photo from an old school magazine and copied the poem as dedication to his teachers. My son was impressed and saluted this young man's dedicated effort. I appreciated it so much that I put it up at my table notice board ... look at the lovely card attached ... ;-0))

He hand-drawn all the design and added the "pantun" - so classic and thoughtful
He cut out an old photograph from an old school magazine as a personal dedication 
The words were beautiful ....

Thank you, Azrul, for making my day. Where others just bought something, you were an original with so full of love and care .... was it worth being a teacher? Definitely even if the rewards did not justify with everything that a teacher had given with all his/her heart and soul ...

Happy Teachers' Day to all who had touched my life and made me what I am today - Mak, Bapak, brothers, sisters, friends, colleagues, all the people that I had met all my life and especially to the thousands of students that I had taught .... thank you because all of them had taught me too, in their own insignificant way. Alhamdulillah ...

No comments:

Post a Comment