Saturday 23 May 2015

Muffins .... ;-0))

I needed to bring something for pot luck on Teacher's Day celebration in school. I was into baking muffins of late. Just wanted to try something new. I tried the cheese muffins and it was nice. I had willing guinea pigs aka food testers in school. A colleague, Tan, said he would eat anything if I brought it. He would guarantee its taste  .... hmmm ... such faith. I also tried the banana walnut muffins which both Noor and Ikram loved. The walnut brought out the banana in the muffins.

I tried these muffins when Ikram was home last month. All I needed was a block of cheddar cheese, plain yoghurt, fresh milk,  one egg, a spoonful of sugar, a pinch of salt, flour, baking powder and half cup melted butter. Mix everything and scooped it into its muffin tray and baked it for 20 minutes. Easy, simple but yummy and cheesy.

The ingredients
The muffins mixture with grated cheese topping
The freshly baked cheese muffins - simple, yummy and filling ... ;-))
Here's what the banana walnut muffins look like .... much heavier in taste and very filling. Crunchy and yummy.

Banana Walnut Muffins
One bite becomes two ... ;-)) thus one muffin becomes two...three..
So, this is a new experiment with muffins. I am tired of baking cakes although I definitely want to try the red velvet cake again. Hopefully it will become red in colour as intended. Maybe for Father's Day ... insyaAllah ... ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment