Thursday 18 June 2015

PLUS - Take Me To Where My Heart Is ...

We had been travelling up and down the PLUS highway since it was ready to be used back in the 90's. I remembered waiting for the highway to be ready as it cut off our journey from Alor Setar to Melaka by half. It used to be 10 - 12 hours journey and heavy traffic full of lorries. For years I travelled but I never thought of taking any photos of the captivating view of the Titiwangsa Range or lush foliage of our own tropical greenery, oil palm estates, mountains, clouds ....

Thus, last holidays, I was travelling with Ikram back to Alor Setar. Since he was doing driver's duty, I took photos. Well, Noor and my sons knew that I loved to take pictures of anything and everything. At times, they jokingly asked if they could eat their food as I would always take photos first .... well, if it was interesting ... :-]))  well, here are a few photos along the Sg. Perak - Taiping stretch ... it was raining and very cloudy .... but as an old friend said - there is always a rainbow after the rain - unfortunately I seldom see rainbows along the highway .... rain or shine ... ;-]}}


You can see the foreboding clouds merging ....

Heading towards the tunnel ... I have always been amazed and full of wonder for human technology ... as it is right in the belly of the mountains ... 
In the heart of the tunnel ....
The road slopes down immediately after the tunnel ..
The long journey back to Alor Setar which I now call "home" .... 



No comments:

Post a Comment