Thursday 12 November 2015

Another Year Older and Perhaps Wiser ...



Am I? Wiser, I mean. Half a century gone ... a new phase of life will begin soon with my impending retirement .. am I wiser? Patient? Tolerant? Forgiving? What is another year to me?


 No, and neither do I wish to be younger. I think one grows confident with age. One mellows down. Where I was once an impatient person and gets upset so easily when things do not go as I want them ... I learn to just go with the flow, take a deep breath, smile and accept. I am open to see things as they are and not as I want them to. I accept weaknesses and errors. I accept the small things that may mean big to another. In fact, I would say I enjoy and appreciate life more - time spent with families especially my sons. The cats and birds who come over for their feed. The stormy weather and lashing rain. The blazing, scorching sun. The squirrels jumping from one electrical line to another. The monkeys swinging down the branches. In fact, I appreciate everything around me. Alhamdulillah.


Thus, this birthday sees me spending it with my family. A rendezvous with another friend whose birthday falls on the same date (albeit 22 years younger) has to be cancelled as she is not well. This birthday also marks the milestone I am making in my life - leaving my career. I will be a full time housewife .... :-))


Thus, I wish myself a quiet birthday. Happy in being alone. Grateful for everybody who remembers to send me wishes. Appreciate for the grace to make others happy by just being me. Alhamdulillah.
I wished myself good health, a blessed life, a great and marvellous day  ..... In shaa Allah.



No comments:

Post a Comment