Saturday 7 November 2015

Unwelcomed Resident ...

Over the years in this house, I have had so many residents which come and go. Neighbours' cats who tended to think that I owed them food and affection. Birds which perched themselves at my gate and fence and had the time of the day to prune and clean themselves leaving all sorts of droppings ... they were also waiting for their ration of bird feed. Snakes which came and went slithering off, I assumed. The fox (musang pandan) which felt that the ceiling above was their residency. I kept hearing steps, clawing and I suppose having a ball up there when you could hear them rolling and jumping .... Not to mention the occasional monkeys who peered through the door and screen door .... not forgetting the rare monitor lizard (biawak) passing by.... and finally, the guest I was referring to was the ... rat.

This rodent and its family had come and go all the years we were here. Sometimes we noticed only one - as if we could distinguish their differences in looks ... ;-)) .... and usually Noor would set a trap to catch them. More often than not, we always did catch them. Yesterday we caught one and the neighbours' cats (a family of a mother cat and her two kittens) as usual came whenever the door was opened and demanded their ration of friskies. They saw the poor rat and this was their reaction ....

The poor rat miscalculated and got trapped ...
Waiting patiently for their friskies while watching the rat in the cage until curiosity got the better of them  





Finally when they saw their food, all about the rat was forgotten ...
So, what are we going to do about this poor rodent? That will be Noor's problem ... if it is up to me, I will let it go ...


No comments:

Post a Comment