Tuesday 3 November 2015

It Is Worth It ... ;=))

Nothing was more touching than being given something so memorable and valuable that even words just could not describe the feeling. All I could do was just hugged it close to me and looked at the givers with love and affection. I felt so valued, so appreciated and so loved by these ex-students of mine. What had they given me? A collection of our photos together with scribbles from them pouring out their heartfelt thanks and love ... Did I really mean that much to them??? I might have taught thousands of students spanning 4 states for 31 years .... but this batch of 2013 really outdone themselves. Why?

 It was a week before their SPM exam and they took the trouble to get together, printed out the photos, decorated the album with touching words and got their ex-classmates from other classes now (in Form Four they went to separate classes according to their PMR results) ... and gave me in person on the day before the SPM. All I could say was a big, teary-eyed thank you ...










From my class of 2015 ...

They gave me flowers because they knew I would love it. Ros baked a cake for us. The most touching part was when Shiqin told me that her grandmother sponsored the cupcakes which 5 of them made themselves because I used to teach her mother and now her ... hahahaha ...two generations of her family ... oh dear ... anyway, I felt so honoured. Husna gave me a burger piggy bank because she said I should learn to save money now ... huhuhu ... and a few gave notes and self-made cards ... 


It made my whole life worth it .... teaching them, educating them, opening their hearts and minds, touching their lives and letting them touched mine too ... for better or for worse ... all of us had made a difference in each of our lives. Not only had they gained from me ... but I became much richer in everything because of them ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment