Thursday 23 June 2016

Restored To Its Former Glory ...

I have been neglecting my blog for quite some weeks. I have been very busy repairing and repainting and putting my house back in its former state. I have rented out this house for six years before the tenant moved out as she was transferred to another district. She had been regular with the rent thus I did not check on the house for that duration of time. When she handed the house keys back to me, I was in for a disappointment. That would be an understatement !!!! 

One of the room's doors. All the doors were drawn and messed up ..
Same goes to the walls ... full of graffiti in every room
The windows, the toilets, the floors ... this was the third tenant in a space of 10 years. The first five years, the house was there for friends and families who visited and needed a place to stay. I decided to rent it out when a friend asked a favour as his friend needed to find a place to rent urgently. His friend was transferred from KL and did not have time to find a house. Since then, I had three tenants. This third one was the longest and .... most upsetting. I decided to sell off the house but not in this condition. So, with my brother's and son's help and our hard, diligent and manual labour - we repaired the house, gave it a new coat of paint and finally washed the house ... this is the end result.

The bathroom - sparkling clean after a wash with soda for tiles ...
The master bedroom with its new windows
The kitchen which was the worst affected floor and walls - a new sink
Part of the living room - clean of graffiti
The living room - sparkling floors ...
The house in all its newly painted glory ... now its ready for sale
Besides that, the delay in putting up the "For Sale" sign was due to the windows and getting a person to change it. The old ones were badly infected with white ants. This took almost another week.

It was badly infected that when my brother tried to take out the panel, it crumbled and broke.
Replaced with steel panels.
It is just a simple single storey semi-D house with no renovations or extensions. Whether I can get a buyer with the price offered, only Allah knows. In the meantime, we are satisfied and happy with the house as it is in its best condition. It was done with total loving care. Now, we wait and hope we will get a buyer who will turn the house into a home ...


No comments:

Post a Comment