Sunday 2 October 2016

Salam Maal Hijrah 1438H


Alhamdulillah for another year by the grace of Allah. We start the new year at the hospital. Syafiq is admitted today instead of tomorrow upon the advice from Noor's cousin nephew. A challenging start to the new year. A trial for the whole family but we still manage to keep calm and accept it. Since Syafiq is so accepting of it and never complain or bitter about the accident, helps all of us to remain a semblance of sanity. We are not angry with the van driver neither do we try to locate him to file charges or bear the cost of the treatment. When Noor filed the police report, we were informed that the van driver had already filed his. We shall face it when the time comes. Now we have more pressing issues. And it is only the first day of 1438H.

I ask Allah for so little yet He bestows us with so much. Maybe to reward us for our acceptance and patience. How could we not be so grateful for the ease He has graced us with to handle this mishap? I am so thankful for the strength given to Syafiq and the easiness of him bearing his injury. It is me, the mother that keeps praying for myself to be strong. So many times, in the silence and peacefulness of the night, only He witnessed my worries, tears and fears. Only He can ease the pain I feel each time I watch Syafiq grimaces with pain. He tries to make light of it as he knows how worried I will be. In his hour of being tested, he still has me in mind. SubhanAllah for such a thoughtful son .... all I can say is "Alhamdulillah" - Praise to Allah.

An old friend wished me a better and meaningful year. I wish to wish everybody a year full of blessings and love, compassion and kindness, gratitude and thankfulness, peace and harmony ..... where any trials and tribulations are faced with patience, tolerance and resilience. In Allah we lay our lives as whatever He has planned for us is much more perfect than what we can plan for ourselves. Have a blessed and gentle year .... in shaa Allah.



No comments:

Post a Comment