Friday 14 September 2012

A walk in the park ...

Friday, 14th Sept. A very cold, crispy morning. It had been raining intermittently this week. On and off kind of rain. There was a heavy storm with strong winds, thunder and lightning one night. I need to get out before I become suffocated and claustrophobic with my situation. So, instead of taking my morning walk at my usual route - the IWK area - I went to Taman Rekreasi Jubli Perak or otherwise known as Taman Rimba near Wisma Darul Aman. I needed to drive out. It's about 15 minutes without traffic. The skies were still dark and the air was chilly but I felt alive, refreshed and what a huge difference fresh air could do to you. It certainly lifted off the feelings of being overwhelmed and depressed.

The route around the golf area was quite stretched out. It took about 14 minutes to complete one round with brisk walking. The air was still cold. There were many like minded people whose main aim coming here was to complete their walk. I joined them and walked mindlessly. While reciting my zikir I enjoyed and appreciated looking at the large mansions, mini palaces for the family of the Sultan, the tai-chi groups, the dance aerobic groups, young men running with all their exuberance of age and vitality .... so many things and people to observe while completing my walk. The wind was getting colder and skies darker. I still continued with my third round which meant it was the targeted 30 minutes exercise. When I was almost near my car, it started raining heavily. Everybody was quite relaxed about it and continued walking in the rain albeit pacing up their steps. I joined them too and laughed at myself while running towards my car. MasyaAllah. SubhanAllah. Alhamdulillah. He allowed me to complete my walk.
Opposite the park is the pavement for doing your walk around part of the golf course
 I think I have been cooped up in the house for long periods of time. Life is school, home, the mini market if I need something, once in a while meeting up with friends but hardly out of the house. I do my walk in the house and my step-up exercise on the machine...thus I think I should change my routine and get out in the fresh air. At least it is good for the body, mind and soul. That is why I like going back to Kelana Jaya as the park is just round the corner of Wah's house. Hence, every morning after I send her off to the LRT station, I go off for my walk.

Now that it is coming to the end of the year, workload is much lighter. I hope to continue doing this in the evening although I don't like the heat. Kedah has extreme weather. When it rains, it pours. When it shines, it blazes. InsyaAllah, 30 minutes, at least 3 times a week is not too much to ask, right? But...doing it consistently is the difficult part. I need to maintain my weight to control my sugar level and cholesterol as I honestly don't like to depend on drugs. Since the doctor said I could do it with diet and weight control, so, I would rather follow that advice. I have to take care of myself since I am responsible for myself. If only I have someone who want to do this with me ...  :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment