Thursday 27 September 2012

I'm walking in the rain... :-D))

It has been raining the whole week. The kind of rain that just pours. I actually love this weather. I know it will not last long so I want to fully utilise my favourite weather. As unpredictable as the weather is, I still go for my walk. It is therapeutic and diffuse whatever depressing emotions I may be feeling. The walk makes the gloom goes away and leaves me refresh, in a good mood, tired body and makes me go to sleep like a baby. I wake up feeling good with myself, a feeling that everything is alright with the world and most importantly - keeps me sane.  :-D)))

I usually walk around the golf area and it  takes about 15 minutes per round of brisk walking. Depending on my mood, sometimes it takes 20 minutes. I usually cover 2 rounds which is equivalent to 30 minutes of required exercise. Now I can walk for 3 rounds which means I walk for 45 minutes. Fridays I usually go in the morning about 7:00am. The park will be full of people being a weekend. Groups doing tai-chi at one corner. Another group doing aerobics. One group doing the poco-poco. Music blared around the park. Soothing, instrumental music from the tai-chi group. Loud, funky music from the aerobics group. Most of the walkers are veterans or senior citizens. A lot of young ones who are health conscious are here too. The professional runners and joggers. What is nice about this place is I walk incognito. Nobody knows me and I do not know anybody. I just do my walk on my own in peace and at my own pace. Deep in my zikir and my own thoughts. Dreams of the impossible and possible. Most of the time just observing and enjoying these people's antics.  :-})

Compare to the evening, there are very few walkers and joggers. It is quiet and peaceful except for the sound of golf balls being hit by the golfers nearby. I love it because it is calm and peaceful walking around this area and taking in the view. I usually go after 'Asar so I will reach here about 5:00pm. I will have done my walk before six and be home to get ready for Maghrib.

Today, as usual, I go for my walk amidst the cloudy weather. I knew it was going to rain but I went ahead and just left everything to Allah. It was already drizzling at my area. There were a few walkers and joggers as usual. I managed two and a half rounds before it started to drop big raindrops. As suddenly as it started, it poured. I was still halfway through the last lap. I jogged but then I gave up and just enjoyed walking in the rain. It was such a happy, child-like, joyful feeling where you were told not to play in the rain yet you went ahead and defied your parents. Come on, I am sure most of you have done this! I was drenched and finally got into my car. I was laughing happily and it felt good. I know it is childish but once in a while, just let loose. It was satisfying. Besides, nobody saw me and knew me. So, I guess that justified my actions. Well...to each its own.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment