Sunday 2 September 2012

Happy Birthday Bapak.... 2 SEPT 2012

If Bapak had lived, he would be 101 years old since he was born in 1911. Since I was in Melaka, I went to visit his grave. I went alone and spent some quiet moments with both Mak and Bapak. I took my own sweet time to recite the Yaasin for both of them, the whole row of Bapak's family and all the departed souls. I preferred to go alone since I could take my time and had a "dialogue" session with them.

I used to do that a lot after Bapak passed away. For almost two years I kept going to his grave to talk things over with him. I did that today. I talked about my predicament to both of them. Allah willing, InsyaAllah, He let them hear me. I just talked about it. Nobody was at the cemetery at that early, quiet and tranquil, cool morning. I was at peace. I felt safe and comfortable. The dead could not talk about it. Besides Allah, I could talk to them. :-)  No, I was not crazy yet. It was a safe and good outlet.

After that, I took a slow drive around my old home. Peringgit. The hills. The old school where we had the GPMS class. My old agama school. Ah Yan's grocery shop. The old shop lots which had been turned down and replaced into double storey shophouses. My old second home i.e. Pantai Peringgit, which had now been rented out. Yeah...nostalgia. I took a deep breath and smiled a sad, forlorn and innocence lost smile. But .... all good things come to an end. All storms passed. Life goes on....

Happy birthday, Bapak. I am glad for today. I could still visit you and Mak. Thank you, Allah, for this little fulfillment.
Tanah Perkuburan, Peringgit - kubur Mak dan Bapak
Bapak
Mak

No comments:

Post a Comment