Sunday 2 September 2012

What a weekend!!!!! :=D))))

30th August 2012 - Akmal and I drove down to KL after school for the Merdeka break. I took another 2 days extra leave just to take a break after the hospitalisation and spend some time with my sons and family. It was a smooth journey with Akmal driving. I could not sleep although I was tired and fasting as Akmal was a rash driver and a risk taker. His driving stressed me out. We finally arrived at Wah's house at about 9:30pm after being caught in a jam after the Sungai Buloh R&R due to most roads being closed for the Merdeka rehearsal. We immediately went for dinner with Wah at Mesra Kelana. It was a weekend of binging and really eating!!!! It was serious food galore. It was a dinner of Singapore meehoon, sizzling egg tofu, kailan ikan masin, fried ginger chicken with kedondong with asam boi juice ( 2 glasses for me), Wah had ice barley and sour plum (2 glasses too) and Akmal had iced coffee. Hmmm...so fulfilling.

Friday started with nasi lemak at Restoran Utara at SS5. Lunch of apple juice, char kuey, sesame seed ball and chicken chop for Syafiq at Sogo food court. Then, we stopped at a roadside stall near SK Kelana Jaya and we had assam laksa (very nice), bubur pulut hitam, nasi lemak and packed goreng pisang + rojak for Akmal at home. After that it was siesta time. Dinner was at The Chicken Rice shop at Giant SS6. Akmal and Syafiq ate the rice and chicken, I ate all the vegetables and pie tee while Wah ate the curry laksa. I was so full! After that, we adjourned to McDonald's for strawberry sundae for Wah, chocolate sundae for Akmal, fries for Syafiq with a GCB for his supper. I honestly could not eat anymore.

The next day, Saturday, Wah and I went to Melaka for the weekend. Akmal had a mini gathering with his SDAR batch at Izzat's house at Cheras and Syafiq had an open house at his hostel. We reached Melaka about 9:00am and had fried mee, fried mee hoon, lontong, roti canai, kueh keria, kueh ku,, kueh lapis and abok-abok. When Kak Leha went for her khenduri, Wah ate her fish curry and bread. I was too full but I had some kueh ku. Later, we went to Toast and Toast kopitiam for coffee and I had toast with butter only. After that, when Kak Leha came back, we ate some rice with salted egg, vegetables, sambal kerang, chicken and ikan tenggiri masam. When we had finished eating, we were so full that it was siesta time :-) We then went to Kak Ti's house. Dinner was at London Seafood near Bachang. We did not have to go to London to eat dinner!

Sunday, 2nd September. Kak Leha fried mee and rice for breakfast. Abang Seman went to buy lontong and kueh. Wah made cekodok. I went to visit my parents' graves. As usual whenever I went back to Melaka, I did not do anything but just waited to be fed. :-)  We had coffee and tea. Kak Ti and family came for breakfast and so did Hamid. The others played with the grandchildren (Aina, Faqeh, Wafiq and Khalisya)  while I packed my bags and took a nap. Later, about 10:00am, Wah and I left for Kelana Jaya.

What a weekend of good food, love, pampering and just jalinan ukhuwah serta kasih sayang antara adik beradik. When it was time to go, Kak Ti hugged me from the back and commented how much smaller I had become. Kak Leha gave me a long and tight hug. Nothing much was discussed about my predicament but I knew from the hugs, they were worried of the outcome. I was unpredictable and in no mood to talk about it. Besides, what could I say when I myself did not know what to do? At least, for this weekend, I pushed everything away from my mind and just enjoyed basking in their love, support and pampering. Thank you, Allah, for giving me a family that I know will stand by me, accept me and love me...no matter what decision I will make for myself and my future. Alhamdulillah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment