Wednesday 12 November 2014

Another year older ... :-}}


Contentment. Kindness. Acceptance. Grateful. Letting go. Bidding farewell. Most of all feeling blessed. That is what I am feeling at this moment of my life. Blessed by the Almighty Allah. Blessed with so much abundance and love. Shielded from hate and envy. Consideration and compassion. Empathy and sympathy.

On this birth day, where actually our lives are shortened and not prolonged, I am counting my blessings and grateful for every little things that cross my path of living. For every thing which makes my life easier. For every thoughtfulness and kindness bestowed upon me and my family. For every trials and tests faced with given patience and strength. For every love that can be felt but not touched. For every tear that is kissed away. For every hug that comforts. For every meeting that binds the relationship and friendship. For every farewell that promises of future meet ups. For every pain that soothes the soul. For every breath that is given daily. For a good night's sleep. For every thing that I do that helps others. "Which of the favours you deny Allah?" (Surah ar-Rahman)


I hope in the course of this year, I have done my bit of spreading and giving kindness to every single creature of Allah's creation whether big or small. Whether human or otherwise. I have become more patient. I hope I have become more giving. I hope to be a much a better person than I am today. InsyaAllah. I hold on to this adage - "If I am able to make another's life easier, why wouldn't I?"  Even if it is only through my smile, gestures or actions.


So, this birthday is a day of being kind. being grateful and feeling blessed. Alhamdulillah. I guess being in such a melancholic and nostalgic mood is due to the rain. I love the rain .... :-))  Thus, hoping today is a blessed and meaningful day ....


Finally, at the end of the day, I hope I have done what should be done ... I have not hurt others intentionally or otherwise .... I have done what good unto others as I would like others do good unto me ... I have apologised for all the wrongs that I cannot make right ... I have fulfilled promises made ... I have loved those who loved me .... I have not hated anyone with such resentment .... I hope I have been a good servant, a follower, wife, mother, sister, friend, colleague, staff, acquaintance and stranger..... :-))



No comments:

Post a Comment