Saturday 1 November 2014

"Oh. It's November."


I love this picture. Especially the caption. "Oh." It comes with a full stop. Not a comma as the usual punctuation used after an expression. Not even an exclamation mark. Or a question mark. But a full stop. A definition. A finality. A quiet surprise. Not a happy surprise. Not a shocking surprise. Not even an unpleasant one. Just an accepting, awakening expression. "It's November."

My month to reflect and look back at the past ten months of 2014. Perhaps with a lot of smiles. Maybe a few tears and sorrow. Could be with a tinge of regret. Or frustrations. Desperation. Hopes. Dreams. ..... I have another 11 days to do some soul-searching and deep reflection of myself. My life. My hopes. My dreams. My wishes for the next year .... if I am given another year.

So, it is November.... after the grouses, moans, groans, despair .... albeit the tears and sorrow ... interspersed with smiles, laughter, jokes and grins .... let us pray and hope Allah will grace me with a much relaxed count down to my "day" .... ;-)) 

Thus, November, I welcome you with an open heart, mind, soul and outstretched hands ...  ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment