Tuesday 18 November 2014

Carrot Walnut Cake ... ;=D))

Akmal is home. Just as when any of the boys are home for their semester break, I will fill up the fridge with their favourite food and snacks, usually home made... :-))

Since I have a pot luck at my staff room to welcome the school holidays, I decided to try the carrot cake just to bring something different. As Akmal ate anything even with vegetables, so I was game to try again this cake which I tried a couple of years ago. This time I wanted to try the cheese topping. So, this was the result ....

The slice carrot walnut cake with the messy cheese topping ...
I honestly did not like the cheese topping because it would not harden like the ones from the bakery. So, when the staff ate it and I asked for comments especially from the ERT teachers, they said if I wanted to harden it, I have to add gelatine. Oh well, they said it was nice but I was not satisfied .... so I think I will not try it again ... ;-0))   Besides .... nobody is home when Akmal goes off at the end of the month .... and the other two guys do not like anything with vegetable in it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment