Friday 6 February 2015

Justified Break ... ;-)

Kak Haj called that she would be in Ipoh for Abang Zul's check-up and the children, Shaun and Nadia, had taken leave to be with them. They had booked an apartment near the hospital until Friday. She invited me over to spend the night there. The invitation could not have come at a much needed time. We last met during Hari Raya Puasa break. I needed a break from whatever was suffocating me here. I went with Ikram as Noor was busy. We also called up Izwan and his family for dinner. Thus, we had a mini northern zone gathering. It was just the therapy I needed. To be among people whom I trusted, loved and listened to my predicament without being judgmental. Alhamdulillah for such blessings ...

The most interesting part of our gathering was discovering the River Walk which was just opposite the apartment - Kinta RiverFront Hotel and Suites. We took a walk after dinner at the bistro next to the hotel. Alothough Izwan lived in Tanjong Rambutan and Kak Hajar was a frequent visitor to Ipoh, they did not realise the existence of this tourist jaunt. It was a surprise find to visit the tin museum at night and free plus the art gallery where incredibly highly talented drawings were displayed. Just enjoy the photos below....

The River Walk view from the balcony of the apartment in the morning
And how it illuminates and light up at night .... spectacular
The plaque at the foot of the bridge to cross over the river - declaring the place open - it was very dark so it was not so clear

A view from the side of the river walk
The entrance into the tin museum - it was free of charge


The art gallery - we enjoyed and appreciated the talents of the artists ... 
Where we had dinner together - okay laahh ... 
It was a much needed break after almost four months of not going anywhere since I had to take over supervising the shop. Kak Hajar and I talked the night away and I poured my miseries to her. I knew she would just listen, console me, give her wise perspective to my predicament and assure me that somehow things would come out fine. InsyaAllah ... A tight hug and a willing ear were good antidotes. Thank you Allah ... such a short overnight visit but made me return whole and somehow much at peace with myself. Alhamdulillah ....


No comments:

Post a Comment