Monday 6 November 2017

November 2017


My birth month. It always brings a nostalgic and melancholic kind of feeling. Another year older. Life is getting shorter and one feels that time is not enough in a day to do all the things that one wants to do. Health is an issue. Every day I can be just be thankful that I am given a new day. At times the body just refused to get into action whereas the mind is three steps ahead. There are times when I just have to push myself out of bed. I do not seem to be getting any better after the bout of flu. I am still feeling lethargic and just so slow in everything. My mind is telling me to do so many things but the body refuse to function likewise.


A September to remember. Ikram started his training stint with Sime Darby. I went for a solo trip to Muar. Syafiq completed his three and a half years of engineering course. Meeting up with some friends and realising that some things have to change. It is time to let go. Welcoming Mak's third great grandchild. Adik's grandson. Baby Yusof. It always gives you a protective, full of love and hope when you hold a new born baby in your arms. A gush of mix feelings when I recalled the moment when I held my three boys when they were born. I only wanted the best for them. Now I prayed for the best for baby Yusof in this life and after.

October. I would not say full of splendour. Full of challenges. Integrity. Trust. Sincerity. Principle. Firstly, the splendour would be Ikram's convocation. I had always enjoyed convocation. The attractive robes. The happy, excited and relieved faces. The gathering of coursemates and friends. The splendour of the hall. The magnificence of the function. The regality of the lecturers and Vice Chancellor when he conferred the degrees. The roll call of honours. The excited and proud faces of the parents from all walks of life, far and near. The "Pesta Convo" with a carnival like air. The various and many types of flowers and teddy bears for the graduates. The end of one phase of life and the beginning of another.

October. It was a fortnight of making quick decisions. Being a moderator and counselor. Being a friend. Learning the true sides of trusted acquaintance. Blessed in the magic of Allah. Humbled by Allah's grace and blessings. That by the first of November ... everything was eased and peaceful.

November to treasure. I hope and I pray. A new venture. A mutual interest partnership. A financial investment where the profit is minimal but the afterlife rewards are great. Hoping to make it work. In sya Allah - if Allah wills it. A sleeping partner but directly involved as I had personal investment and interest in it. If Gooddeeds is my involvement in charity work, thus Gdees is the channel to generate some income to sustain Gooddeeds activities besides donation from well wishers. November - the beginning of Gdees Education Centre (GDEC). Wish us luck reviewers. We do not expect much profit but enough to service the loan and utilities of our new operating premises. Gooddeeds is now standing on its own at its own premises.


So, in sya Allah, November 2017 will be a November to remember. I wish myself a very Happy Birthday as it is my month. May I always be in the grace and blessings of Allah. Aamiin.



No comments:

Post a Comment