Wednesday 14 November 2012

1 MUHARRAM 1434H - 15th November 2012

Another year, by the grace of Allah swt. Time for reflections and contemplations. What have we achieved for the past year? Have we become better muslims? Have our solat, amalan and ibadat increase? Have we learned to be a much more patient person? Have we derived all the lessons we were supposed to learn from all the trials, tests and tribulations given to us? Have we faced them with patience, strength and resilience? Have we become a person with consistency in our prayers, deeds and actions? Have we taken care of our health and body for the sake they will not disrupt our daily routine towards the Almighty? Have we fulfilled our commitments and obligations towards our wife/husband, family, friends, sisters and brothers in Islam with full keredhaan? Have we become a more grateful and humble servant? Do we have any regrets?

1433H. Terlalu banyak nikmat dan dugaan. Yang menakutkan ialah dugaan dalam kenikmatan. Yang meningkatkan kesabaran dan kekuatan ialah kenikmatan dalam dugaan. Kita belajar lebih bersyukur and bertawadduk. Kita sedar tiada kekuatan dan kesabaran melainkan daripada Allah. Kita sedar kita banyak bergantung harap hanya kepadaNya.

Early in the year, there were so many deaths. Abang Not, Abang Talib (my neighbours), Rokiah (my staff), Fauzi's and Norhiza's father, Uztaz Zaki's mother, Ariffin's (my niece's husband) mother .... people whom you know. Life is too short. Take Norhiza's father. He went out for his 'Asar prayers, got knocked down by a car and passed away that night. So fast, so unexpected. Rokiah was doing well after her amputation and she was called by Allah a few months later. Sometimes, when things seemed to get so bad and I felt that I just had to let out and scream, I remembered these deaths. Thus, I took a deep breath, istighfar and whatever was wrong in my life was just not worth getting steamed up for. Look for a brighter side. Life is too short. Life goes on. Only I can make it better or worse. Allah gives you choices. I choose to cope with it as best as I could. Make the best of the situation. Accept. Forgive. It makes life easier to bear.  :-)  

1433H. I was tested with health issues. The most prominent and significant that upset my life was the suspected endometrial hyperplasia. Alhamdulillah it was malignant and the fears were unfounded. I just have to suffer the heavy flow and the pain which I had never had to endure before. Alhamdulillah, for the medicine to control it and get on with my life. Allah tested you with trials but He makes sure you are given choices to make it better. I fell a few times and caused a lot of pain to my legs and back due to my osteoporosis and lack of calcium . The doctors could only give more pain killers. I went for traditional massage. I hated it because my whole body would be aching for a few days before it slowly adjusted itself and got much better. Yet, if whatever ailments disrupt my solat or religious routine, I am willing to undergo the pain. Every pain is bearable if you always think that there are others worse off than you.

1433H. Professionally, I was upgraded to another grade. Alhamdulillah. I was the Data teacher and I managed to carry out the task of managing the school's data as best as I could. Even the PPD officers were pleased that my school's name was no longer on the list of incomplete data. I was finally taken off as the Data teacher and someone else took over as of November. On the other hand, my teaching was badly affected. I only had 2 average Form 3 classes. I was busy with data, ULBS, ULKCP, MUET ... which saw me out of school often. Thus, abandoning my classes. I made it up with the extra classes and last minute talks to push them. I did not compromise on my profession as a teacher. I love teaching. It gives you a sense of achievement and purpose. You touch on so many innocent lives. Thus, using this as an excuse and due to lack of optioned English teachers, I asked to be relieved of my Data teacher post. I was finally taken off as the Data teacher post and someone else took over as of November. I would rather go back to teaching. Even though I will be giving up the perks and benefits of being a Data teacher, I still would choose teaching. Just a simple English teacher. I was honoured and touched that my Kota Setar English fraternity think I was good enough to fill in the post of DELO (District English Language Officer). I refused as I was not interested in administrative work. Thanks, guys.

1433H. I also was graciously allowed to meet up with friends who are very close to my heart. We seldom meet up since we live far apart from each other. Maureen came down from Melbourne and made the effort to catch up in Penang, being a meeting point of north and south. We simply caught up with each other and it was like the years never passed us by. Vivien lived in Sarawak and when she came over to the peninsular to bring her contingent for MSSM, I made the effort to come down to Kelang and caught up with her. Even Furziah made time to meet up on the way from Langkawi. Little gestures, small mercies but deeply appreciated and humbly grateful. The unexpected, unplanned, never dreamed of meeting of an old, treasured friend. The times I was allowed time out to spend with my family of sisters, nephews and nieces and "grandchildren". It was bonding time and basking in their love, care and affection. Smothering, suffocating at times but much welcomed with open hearts, arms and minds. The time spent at my parents' graves for a little "pep-time" as I believe the dead never do leave us, at least not from the heart.

1433H. Alhamdulillah for all the strength, patience and perseverence to help others and make other people's lives a little easier and happier. For Omayah. For Suri. For Shita. For Jamilah. For my PK. For my family. For my staff whether I like them or not. :-}  For my neighbours especially Sofiah. For my sons and Noor. For my late Mak and Bapak. For my students. For strangers.

1433H. Thank you Allah for a tumultous, testing and upheaval year. I pray that next year i.e. 1434H will be a much calmer and peaceful year. I pray that there will be less natural disasters. I pray that there will be less war. I pray that somehow there will be a truce between Israel and Palestine. I pray that the Middle east countries will come to an existence of peace and unity. I pray that Allah will always have all of us - my sons, Noor, my family, my friends, my sisters and brothers in Islam - under His protection, compassion and forgiveness.

1434H.  1433H has gone but it made us strong. The path was long but we walked with a song. There were tears and fears but we had reasons for cheers. Wishing everybody happy memories of the last 1433H. Seeking forgiveness and strengthening love, bonds and ties for a blessed 1434H . Have a great and meaningful 1434H.



No comments:

Post a Comment