Wednesday 8 August 2018

My Manchester Trip - Quarry Banks Mill

This was a place where they preserved one of the mills back during the industrial era. Children were the main workforce in these mills. We managed to catch a tour of the mill and I felt like I was transported back to the "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens era. The classroom, the sleeping quarters, the medicine used and the kitchen. The flowers were blooming especially tulips. When I first arrived, it was the yellow daffodils that were in full bloom everywhere. Most the photos taken had our faces in it, so I can only share some with you. But I do want you to have an idea of the beautiful places ...



I just could not resist blowing at the dandelions. I learned that it was not a flower but weed ... and meant to be pulled out and thrown away ... 


One of the many greenhouses - especially strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment