Monday 30 July 2012

It's so deceiving...

Sunday, 29th July, 2012. 9th Ramadhan 1433H. Well, I went to my mechanic and he advised me not to send the car to someone that I did not know or unsure of the work quality. He recommended a shop and I found that Omayah knew that foreman as she sent her car there too. So, I called her and she made herself free to take me there and we settled the car's problem.

I called that man and he did not pick up the phone. I left a message and he called while we were on our way to my school. How manipulative humans could be in just a day! :-{   Surprisingly, I was not angry and where his tone of voice was more defensive instead of apologetic as was yesterday, I kept my voice level and humbled. I apologized for waking him up as he got home late from work. Now, he queried whether it was I who knocked into his car or he into mine. Excuse me....look at the photos!  :-0  He was getting defensive and raised his voice when he heard that my estimated cost was Rm600. He said his mechanic estimated only Rm400. Fine...I said. He kept berating about it and asked if I had sent my car to the foreman. I said yes and he was more upset. I felt so exhausted. I was not a confrontational person neither was I prepared to listen to him anymore as he kept manipulating details. Omayah listened and asked me to stop the conversation which was going no where and told him I would contact him when everything was settled.

I was prepared to ask only 50% of what was estimated. I considered that maybe I was at fault too for not seeing him reversing his car. Now, I did not feel like asking from him anything if that made him happy. Omayah said he should also pay even a little so that he would feel responsible and learn a lesson. I was so drained of energy emotionally and physically. I hate people to do this to me. I did not do anything to him!!! My old friend called and cheered me up. Thus, I was in a better shape emotionally although physically still tired. I went to class and left that man somewhere in the twilight zone. I will face him when the time comes. If I feel up to it. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment