Saturday 21 July 2012

It was a success!!!!

A slice of the steam cream cheese layer cake... :-)
 I found the recipe through the internet. Akmal loves cheese. Ikram adores chocolates. So, to combine these two and trying not to favour one child over the other (in other words -  to be fair), I decided to try this recipe to welcome the month of Ramadhan.

Ikram was home for the weekend. It was perfect because he liked to help out making cakes and cookies. So, we put the recipe on the table. He did the measuring and I did the mixing. We used cream cheese for the cake. We were quite apprehensive because I had never tried anything complicated like layered cake. Usually it was just one type of cake like kurma or prune cake, chocolate moist cake or carrot cake. We followed the steps diligently and faithfully. Ikram being Ikram...made sure that it was as exactly as he could measure it! :-0  He treated it like his science experiments! :-D  The topping or ganache was also courtesy of the internet. It was simple and easy as it only used cooking chocolate and cooking cream.

Thus, we had the above. It was PERFECT! :-0) We put it in the fridge to set after we had put the topping (albeit a little messy - can never get that neat and tidy. Hmmm...needs more practice I suppose). After almost 2 hours, we had a cutting ceremony to see what it looked like. MasyaAllah. SubhanAllah. It was perfect. We were so excited.... Ikram immediately ate it and I just took a bite, as usual. He declared it yummilicious and the cheese was tasty. We were so proud of ourselves.

I send a quarter of the cake to Omayah's house to share a bit of goodwill around for the month of Ramadhan. Besides, she loves cheese cake. She cut it into four to share with her boys. She tried a spoonful. Hmmm...she finished her portion. She said her boys would love this. I was laughing happily because she said it would cost her rm70 just to get a cake like this with pure cheese. I told her I'll give her the recipe but do not forget the dose of "total loving care".

When Noor and Akmal came back, they finished off the rest of the cake!!! I declared it a success because I usually did not like to make something complicated. Plus, I don't like cheese. For the sake of the boys, I gave it a try. It took patience because it had to be steamed layer by layer but it was worth it. I did not actually ate it but by their reviews and comments, I guess I should be proud of myself. :-)
 Alhamdulillah ya Allah, for allowing me to make so many people happy through food.

No comments:

Post a Comment