Saturday 15 March 2014

Taking the Chance ....

Hmm ... I just wrote about second chances and my opinion was that I did not think I would take the opportunity. Last week was a piece of good news regarding second chances too.

Well, my neighbours, Sofiah and Kak Om remarried their old friends. I wanted to talk about a staff member who remarried after being single for almost 10 years. Hers was a different case but the fact that she finally took the step to try again at a relationship was something commendable and courageous of her.


This staff, who was 42 years old, was a victim of an abusive marriage. She married someone whom she loved and knew from her university days. A few months into her marriage, she was physically and emotionally abused. Her parents finally found out and took her out of the house and filed a petition to have the marriage annulled. It took years to build up her self-confidence again and had faith in men again. When I was informed of her marriage, I went to look for her to offer my heartiest congratulations and prayed for her lasting happiness. Whoever the lucky man was, I was glad Allah had reopened her heart for another man.

May second chances work out. For others who really need them. For me, I'll keep my own counsel. I may be sceptical about it but I would always wish and pray the best for others who take the plunge.


True isn't it? "It shall never forget" but it will never be the same..... the first time was always full of innocence and trust. By the time one goes through the experiences and the knocks of life, one becomes wiser, more wary, a little cynical perhaps and less trusting. Innocence lost. ... :-}

No comments:

Post a Comment