Sunday 30 March 2014

Book Vouchers ... ;-))

Since the government gave out book vouchers to university, college and form six students, I became the recipient courtesy of the three boys. That was a total of RM750 worth of books. Akmal loves reading so he would buy his books and something for me. He always allocated a book or two for me. Last year he bought for me "HAJJ - Journey to the heart of Islam" a book written on the exhibition about the history and rituals of the fifth pillar of the Muslim tenet - the Haj - at the British Museum. Ikram would just go with me to the book store and pay for whatever books I chose with his voucher. He did not like to buy books and neither did he like to read them preferring instead his laptop and smart phone. As for Syafiq, he would buy his gadgets and gave some of the book voucher to me. Let me loose in a book store and even my husband will leave me alone ... :-)). I would prefer shopping for books than clothes anytime ....

This year the three boys still got their book vouchers. So, when we went back to Malacca the other day to visit Ikram, both of us managed to find time to go to the book store. Ikram enjoyed watching his mother "shopped" for books !!!! Instead of a typical mother who would rather shop for clothes, shoes, bags and whatever womenly things - he just shook his head and told me to control myself. After I picked out the books, he calculated that it was more than the voucher's worth. So, reluctantly I had to choose the books I could buy later with Syafiq's voucher. These are the books finally chosen this year ....




No comments:

Post a Comment