Thursday 9 October 2014

Loneliness- It's All About The Mind ;-))

Noor left for Africa last week. It was a hectic month preparing for his departure. His DM just called one day i.e. a month ago and told him to be prepared to leave for SIngapore a few days later for a briefing from their franchising office there. It was going to be a day trip. Since it was a Friday, I tagged along and sent him off to the KLIA2. Later that evening, I went back to KLIA2 to pick him up and proceeded to Melaka to send Ikram back to his campus. After that, it was a nerve-wrecking experience of looking for the yellow fever vaccine as it was one of the conditions for the visa to be approved. After asking the doctors here, we contacted WIsma Putra who helped us with information on the availability of the vaccine. The vaccine was not given easily. Hospital Pantai KL was the only one who had the vaccine in its stock. Other Government hospitals that kept it were only for Government personnels departing for Africa or South America. The hospital required Noor's appointment letter before releasing the vaccine. It cost RM422 just for one shot. :-}} He wanted me to go with him everywhere he went even to his office.  :-))  As Syafiq's favourite life principle - "Sharing is Caring"  ha...ha...ha.... :-D 

That left the shop's daily administration. I told him that would not be a problem since he had one reliable staff. Syafiq would be on semester break for a month in October. Akmal volunteered to take leave for two weeks in November. In between that, I was sure the staff and I could cope somehow. I had never been involved in the running of the shop .... :-)) Thus, it was arranged that he did not take anybody to monitor the shop. The boys were trained to help out at the shop since their teens. So, it was not a problem for them.

So, finally after receiving the travelling itinerary, he was really going. Noor was actually excited, nervous, afraid and a mixed feeling of leaving. I had done my best as a wife, partner and friend. Besides giving him support, encouragement and accompanying him almost everywhere to settle his leaving .... I expected nothing from him. He had never been out of the country for a long stretch of time either for leisure or professional reasons. We could keep in touch via messenger or e-mail.
I had done and given my best. My prayers go to him daily for his well-being and being in Allah's grace.

And the person to be alone with is ... ME !!!! :-))
"Everybody needs a little time away ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment