Thursday 2 October 2014

What A Break !!!!



Last September mid-term break I decided to give myself a much deserved treat. I wanted to give time to ME. I wanted to be selfish for myself. I refused to do anything. Any house chores. Any school work. It was only a week's break anyway. The week before I was busy following Noor to KL and back to send him off to SIngapore for his briefing and sending Ikram back to his campus. Thus, without any feelings of guilt, I declared myself on holiday!! Ha..Ha..Ha.. :-))  Anyway, there was only the two of us.

I told Noor I am not going to do any cooking. Or marketing. I would meet him at the shop about 6pm and we would go and have an early dinner. Sometimes, I am amazed with this man. He agreed and let me do what I wanted. I made caramel pudding without eggs. I made almond rocher. I fried keropok. I bought fruits. These were the snacks that I had during my self-declared stayed home holiday. 

I chose some of the books I had bought but had no time to read. I woke up for early dawn prayers and went back to sleep. I woke up late and went out with Noor for brunch. Then, I went home, snuggled on the couch with a book and read until I slumbered off dreaming of whatever I was reading. I woke up and had a snack of whatever was in the fridge. It was raining practically every evening that I took myself out to the porch and sat there with a cup of steaming hot tea and the container of keropok. I breathed in the cool, refreshing air, munched the keropok and continued with my reading. I read a heavy novel "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hoessini. I managed to read a light story "If only Airports Could Talk". After night prayers, I usually curled up in my bed with another book and turned on "Lite FM". I was on my own. Alone most of the time as Noor only came home after 11pm. Yet, I always had company in the books, the music, my prayers, my Quran ... 

I was alone but never lonely. It was only a 5 day break as we had to go to KL again to settle his vaccination and application for visa. Yet .... it was the ideal holiday that I had always wanted. Nevertheless, it would be much pleasurable if it was a beach resort, somebody to feed me .... hmmm...too good to be true. Maybe one day .... anyway, it was a blissful holiday !!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment