Wednesday 11 February 2015

Face Off - WIth The Slimy Kind !!!

The incidents that had been occurring the whole of last week were confounding and mystifying. This made me recalled almost the same incidents a few years back - refer to my past post dated 10 OCTOBER 2011 - "What Do You Make Of This?". What with all the challenging and depressing incidents happening to me , I did not see any significance in them. Well ... let's try to recall ...

Last week when I came home and tried to pull the gate closed, I saw a large shining black snake slithering fast into the drain in front of the house. I only saw the tail part. It was large and black. It slithered off under and all I could do was stared at it. I guess the noise from the gate surprised it. When Ikram poked out his head from the front door, I told him about the snake but he did not see it. Ok, another snake incident to be brushed off.

A few days later, I was printing my work in my bedroom. After a few prints, suddenly, out poked a pretty yellowish-greenish head from under the printer. It was "face-off" time. Both of us got a shock! I screamed and it quickly ducked itself under the printer again. I was shivering with fright and the only weapon I had was the mosquito insecticide. I sprayed under the printer and it slithered behind the book rack !!! I ran outside and closed the door. I HATE snakes ...... ;-((  When Ikram and Noor came back, they tried to look for the snake but it was already gone. I refused to enter the room and slept on the sofa instead. I kept seeing the snake whenever I closed my eyes....  It took a few days for me to be confident that it was no longer under the bed or behind the books or back to under the printer .... Akmal reassured me that when a snake had been chased away, it would not come back. Easy for him to say as he was in Sabah and I was home alone most of the time ... hu..hu..hu... ;-((  

Next day, Ikram and I went to a road side hawker to eat "char kueh teow". We were waiting for our orders when suddenly I saw a long greenish snake slithering along the road to one of the tables. I could only screamed wordlessly and pointed at the snake to the group of guys sitting at the table. Ikram shouted "Ular! Ular!" but it took them some time to register what it was. A girl at the next table screamed out loud which made the guys jumped out of their chairs. The long snake slithered into one of the manholes into the drain. It was right in the centre of town near a busy main road !! Snakes did not suddenly materialise in the middle of the town !!! ;-{0} Later, Ikram and I had a good laugh recalling the  guys pushing and jumping from their chairs!! Their late reaction could be because Ikram did not pronounce the word "ular" in their dialect. Thus, it took time to comprehend what was being said. I guess so !!!!. Why another snake ??????

After that, the bees came. Small, grey and black bees came swarming around the lamp in the house. Oh no !!! Now what???? I thought bees came out in the morning to look for honey. Of course, I had my most trusted weapon - the insecticide. I switched off the lights and left only the kitchen and dining area lights on. By morning, they had bashed themselves against the lamp and died. Akmal, the "wise" one said that they were the "look-out" bees who went off to survey the best places to build a new hive. Oh dear ... why our house ???? !!!!

These incidents happened when I was bogged down with the accusations and malicious slander against my integrity and reputation. I had no encounter with the slimy kind since the 2011 incident. What is Allah trying to show me? Is there something I should learn from this ? I honestly do not like the slimy snakes, the buzzing bees and any creatures that can do me harm.... May I always be protected from them since I am always alone and on my own. As Ikram commented that only I could see these creatures and had a personal encounter with them. Hmmm ... the chosen one !

No comments:

Post a Comment