Friday 20 March 2015

Seafood Curry Mee - Fusion

This term break, we had some guests as usual who came for tea. I was bored of cooking their favourite curry mee which used chicken as its main stock. Thus, I substituted chicken for seafood. To make it tastier, I twisted the original nyonya recipe and fusioned it with a Malay taste.

I blended the local herbs of daun kunyit, daun limau purut, lengkuas, halia, serai plus scallops, large onions, garlic, fresh red chillies and fresh tumeric and turned them into a paste as the base for my gravy. Then, I cooked the curry gravy as usual adding blended dried chillies and a spoonful of curry powder. I poured in the coconut milk. When it was boiling, I added the salt and sugar to taste. Finally, I added large prawns, squids, fish ball, tau foo and brought it to a boil.I substituted long beans for mustard leaves. Hmmm .... the aromatic smell of the fresh local herbs and sea food .... Not bad. Well, the guests ate it and scooped the gravy to its last drop .... I was glad I could still make my guests left with contented stomachs and happy faces ....

The fusion seafood curry mee - for photo shoot purposes, the gravy was not added to the bowl's brim ..

No comments:

Post a Comment