Sunday 22 March 2015

The Red That Was Just Not Red Enough .... hmmmm


More purplish brown than red, as it was supposed to be .... hmmm ...
When Ikram was home for his semester break last February, we tried to bake the red velvet cake. I found this recipe through the internet ... as usual. The cake that we bought was really quite plain and flat. The recipe which I found for this cake was quite nice. We tried it and it was delicious with the extra thick cheese frosting. The guys licked and scraped the cheese frosting clean ..... :-0))

The only slack was the colour. The problem was I used the liquid colouring that I usually used to do my home-made syrup. Guess it was not red enough. It was quite brownish. When we posted the photo of the cake to Akmal via facebook messenger, he said it was purplish red. The tinge of red was there but the cocoa powder and coffee made it darkened.

Oh yes, I would certainly try this cake again. However, I must remember to buy the correct type of colouring from the cake ingredient store. Maybe when Ikram is home again in June ... or for Hari Raya since June is fasting month....

No comments:

Post a Comment