Wednesday 21 November 2012

Kota Kinabalu - Pulau Sapi snorkelling adventure

Akmal took the guys snorkelling. I waited on the beach, very comfortable with myself and enjoying time out with myself!!! :-D   I managed to complete reading the book I brought along with me for the holidays - "King of the Sea" by Dina Zaman. A nostalgic collection of articles that she wrote about her hometown - Terengganu. These were what the guys saw - the creation of Allah swt under the sea - courtesy of Akmal's new camera.
The colourful "lintah laut"
A small colony of corals - it's only snorkelling not diving ...
The extremely shy and camouflaged "ikan sebelah" - one can see the bulging eye on the foreground on the right
The mini world of corals and variety of colourful fishes
Another colourful species
The clown fish's sanctuary
"Nemo" on guard - they attack anybody or anything that got near enough to their home
Another part of the underwater world ...
I may  not go under the water, but I managed to share what they saw through the photos taken. The guys had a lot of fun. Akmal showed his "world" to us. I understood now when he said he might not be coming back to the peninsular. He let us saw a glimpse of his life here - his diver friends, how at home he was in the waters, near the waters, his carefree but serious life here ... I accepted it. He even worked part time for the "Bwave Divers", a diving company where he took his license. I may not like it but I understand. He intends to pursue his masters here and try to get a job that involves his passion for diving and the sea. When he started talking about the creatures, the corals, the sea, the boat ride ... he is home. I hope he will find a partner who can understand and accept that his first love is the sea and the world in it.

The skies were getting darker. I was hoping we would reach Jesselton Point jetty before the rain poured. We managed to reach the jetty just as it started to pour. Otherwise, we would be drenched as the speed boat was hardly adequately covered against the lashing rain. The waves would be worse and the ride would definitely be like jumping over hot coals.  :=DD  It was an enjoyable ride back as the driver was having a gala time racing with the other boats. We made it to Jesselton Point in 10 minutes flat. Could you just imagine the speed ???!!! We laughed at him and I thanked him for the ride of a life time.  :=D

No comments:

Post a Comment