Friday 30 November 2012

"Cuti-Cuti Cari Makan"

The idea was mooted by my sister, Wah, sometime in June when I was down in KL. She just got this restlessness that we never travelled together somewhere and just went off anywhere. I asked her where would you like to go? She did not know but she just wanted to travel somewhere. Thus, I told her okay ... sometime in November during the long school break. So, I would be free. She was afraid Noor would not allow it. I told her it would be alright because personally I think he would like to be on his own too. So, the idea was planted and fermented. Then, I chatted with Kak Haj through facebook. I posted the photos of food that I went to eat out with friends and Noor. She commented that one day she would like to go for "jalan-jalan cari makan" also. I told her about Wah's idea and she was immediately sold. Besides, she said Abang Zul would not mind.

But ... one could only plan. We waited for the long school holidays and Noor decided to take us off to Sabah for a holiday. Wah could not get leave during that November. So, it was pushed to December. Since all of us got the invitation to Zul's sister in-law's wedding at Felcra Changkat Lada in Kg. Gajah, Perak, (1st December 2012 )Wah and Kak Haj set the plans in motion. I agreed to go with their plans as I was free. I would be their driver. The boys are back in their respective college and varisities. I had nothing in particular to do as it was the holidays. So, all of us would be meeting at the wedding and Wah and Kak Haj would be travelling back to Alor Setar with Noor and I to start off the "cuti-cuti cari makan". I called up Shaun, my nephew in Uitm Penang, if he would like to tag along for the wedding seeing it would be a day trip during the weekend. The catch was on Sunday he would take us to his house. Then, we would start our journey towards south.

I plan that upon arrival to Alor Setar, we will take them for dinner of mee udang and ikan bakar at D'Perindu at Kuala Kedah. The next morning, for breakfast, we will eat the special roti jala near the stadium. If my mother in-law, who is quite discerning about her food, liked the curry, then it should be recommended. Lunch will be at Stargate Arabic Foods before we leave for Penang. Then, we will put ourselves unto Shaun's hospitality as our next host. We can only plan. InsyAllah, He will take care of everything.

I wanted to do this for my sisters. Besides strengthening the bonding of sisterly love and ties, I realised that we do not have much time anymore. Kak Haj is 58 years old. Wah is 54. We only weet up during Hari Raya Puasa if Kak Haj returns to Melaka. That is also for a limited time only due to social obligations and commitments. Very soon health problems will be catching up with us. We are all in our 50's. Nothing is guaranteed as of tomorrow. So, if I can make my sisters happy, why not? I am grateful to Noor for giving me the space and freedom to live my life to the fullest, within bounds. Life is too short. So, for now, Allah has the grace to give us this idea, insyAllah, He will see us through it. Ha..ha.. :-))  may we have the patience and tolerance to face each one's idiosyncracies and habits. But ... I think it's going to be okay. If we can tolerate friends ;-}  ... these two are more than sisters. They are also friends. That means much more isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment