Monday 12 November 2012

A year older and a year's life shortened ... :-)

Welcome to the 50's - an age that should show maturity that comes with life's experiences, hard knocks, sweet memories, unforgettable incidents, emergencies, happiness, sorrow, grief, love, hurts and losses.


Is it true then what the quote states? Have I reached that level of maturity? I hope so. More often than not, I discovered that I cannot keep anger for long. Yes, I was hurt. Time and time again. Usually by the same person or friends whether intentionally or unknowingly. Nowadays, I walk off my anger and slowly by reciting the zikir, I calm my angry and bitter heart. Take a deep breath and istighfar. Somehow, by the grace of Allah, I can face that person the next day, smile at him/her and accept him/her as if nothing has ever hurt me. I guess that is part of maturity. It's just that sometimes you feel your age and so old yet at times, you feel so childish and never seem to grow up !!!

There is another prayer that I love  :-
" Ya Rabb ... anugerahkan pada ku hati yang tak pernah membenci,
   sentuhan yang tak pernah menyakiti ;
   jiwa yang tak pernah gelisah,
   tangan yang tak pernah berhenti berbagi,
   senyuman yang tak pernah pudar ;
   kasih sayang yang tak pernah putus ... dan
   cinta tulus yang tak pernah berakhir. "



This is like an ode to myself on my birthday. I am facing the beginning of my half century. I am not praying for a longer life than what has been decreed for me. Neither am I in pursuit of happiness in life. Neither do I need any wealth or wish for luxurious things as I am already blessed with more than I can handle. I feel rich and blessed. My wish for my birthday is to be able to make other people happy with my existence and presence. To be able to make other people's lives a little easier either with whatever materials I have, my time, my mails, my smiles, my small gifts, my thoughtfulness, my calls or even just my presence. To be able to face all the trials, tests, hurts, challenges, anger, bitterness, manipulation, deviousness, dissatisfaction of others and hatred with strength, courage, patience and resilience. My prayer for myself is that I will always meet people who will help me, guide me and hold my hand to lead me towards the acceptance of Allah. My life is then content and complete.


With that lovely quote, I wish my self a happy, blessed and meaningful birthday.  :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment