Wednesday 5 June 2013

4th JUNE 2013 - Ipoh

After 3 days of the gotong royong for the "wedding of the year", we decided that we really needed to rest and recuperate our aching, groaning, overused and abused bodies and muscles. That evening after everything was over, I honestly could not do anything anymore. I had pushed the limits of myself and I excused myself from my mother in-law's house. Syafiq, Ikram and I went back to kak Leha's house and immediately we went to sleep like logs. The next day, with Wah in tow, we drove back to Kelana Jaya with our aching bodies.

I had made an appointment to meet up with Furziah, my USM classmate. We were supposed to meet up in Penang since last December holidays but were too busy with our schedule. So, since both of us were in KL (she in Ampang and me in Kelana Jaya) we decided to meet up. We met up at Starbucks at Giant Kelana Jaya. We talked about school, our frustrations with the system, friends, updating our lives ...two hours went by without us realising it. We made a pact to go to Kuching to pay Vie a visit sometime in December. InsyAllah.

After lunch and prayers, the boys and I proceeded with our next journey - Ipoh. We were supposed to drive to Tronoh tomorrow to see Leha, my final leg of the nostalgic trail of my college housemates. But I felt so tired and I did not think I could take the long journey back to Alor Setar after that. So, that night we checked out available rooms in Ipoh for accommodation. We found a reasonable priced room for three adults right in the heart of Ipoh for only RM88 through booking. com. It's a new budget hotel - CheckedInn Hotel. Thus, we travelled to Ipoh and decided to go to Tronoh tomorrow. It would be a shorter journey - only thirty minutes according to the friendly receptionist. The room was clean albeit small and just enough space for performing our prayers and putting our luggage. It's air-conditioned with free wi-fi which were important to the boys. It was very near TESCO, AEON and there was McDonald's nearby too. We had an early dinner, bought extra food for supper and settled for the night before we continued our journey tomorrow. InsyAllah.



The stairs leading up to the rooms 
So welcoming - the towels were tied up in ribbons ...  ;-)
Instead of bottled drinks, we were given cups. There is a hot and cold water dispenser along the corridor...
We just wanted to rest our tired bodies. So, with food for supper had been bought, we did not intend to leave the room. Thus, we settled with our own laptops and watched movies with the free wi-fi available and from Syafiq's collection of movies. We were laughing and looking at each other's movies and finally went off to sleep after 1:00am. A blessed day. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment