Wednesday 26 June 2013

Ayam Rempah Beriani ...

I found this recipe in the newspaper. Looked easy enough. Since Akmal was home, why not give it a try? The recipe was ayam rempah beriani. I was bored of cooking the same chicken dishes again. The boys could not care less as long as Mum was cooking. Sometimes I wondered if I did the right thing in cooking for them. Since Akmal returned from KK, we had not eaten out except that one day when I was too tired due to fasting, he asked me not to cook. Instead we bought dinner which was Nasi Mandee Kambing / Chicken since I did not quite like lamb. Akmal was a good assistant chef and I honestly felt sorry for his future partner. The week he was home, he vacuumed and cleaned the house. He helped me in the kitchen. I had prepared their lunch so he would reheat and fry whatever for his two brothers. It's like he wanted to spend his time with me while he was home. He was a very obliging son. He was only back for nine days. Thus, he fully ate home cooked food. Today he went out with his father to repair the motorbike and he did not take lunch. I was very upset because he returned home almost 6:00pm. He refused to eat out as he said there would always be something for him at home. Thus, this was what he had for his early dinner.

Nasi tomato, ayam rempah beriani, telur sambal and salad timun+tomato with lemon juice.  
I was very tired after school and the ULBS pemantauan. Yet, Allah gave me the strength to still cook for these guys. I found another recipe on cheese frosting. Maybe there will be time this weekend to try it out .... :-D))) He is leaving for Langkawi Underwater World on Sunday for his three months intern there.

For those who would like to try the recipe : Ayam Rempah Beriani
  • seekor ayam
  • 100gm bawang merah & 100 gm bawang putih (kisar semua bahan 2 - 5)
  • 20 gm halia
  • 100 gm ketumbar
  • 10gm jintan manis & 10 gm jintan putih
  • rempah 4 beradik (kulit kayu manis, bunga lawang, buah pelaga & bunga cengkih)
  • susu cair 1/2 - 3/4 tin (bergantung kepada kepekatan)
  • 1 paket rempah nasi beriani
  • gula & garam jika perlu
Cara memasaknya - panaskan minyak & tumis rempah 4 beradik 
                - masukkan bahan kisar & tumis hingga naik bau
                - masukkan rempah nasi beriani & tumis hingga pecah minyak
                - masukkan ayam dan sedikit air - masak hingga empuk
                - akhir sekali masukkan susu dan masak sehingga naik minyak 
                - masuk gula & garam secukup rasa

No comments:

Post a Comment