Friday 21 June 2013

Time out ...

Akmal arrived finally from Kota Kinabalu yesterday after 2 days of travelling. He had completed his three year degree course from UMS. He left KK by the 11:00am flight on Wednesday. Reached KLIA at 2:30pm. Managed to get the bus to KL Sentral and reached there by 4:00pm. He got an 8:40pm train ticket to Alor Setar with ETA at 7:00am. Somehow, he overslept and missed his stop. Hence, he proceeded to the next stop which was Arau, Perlis. Lucky for him his father had something to deliver to his sister in Kangar so he picked up Akmal at Kangar. Hmmm ... what a journey!! :-)) 

I was already in school on Thursday. I had prepared breakfast of his favourite sambal kacang and ketupat instant. I had to go to another school for checking their ULBS files. Then, I had promised to meet up with Rini, a friend, at 2:30pm. Thus, mother and son finally met at around 4:00pm. Yes, I missed him and his chattering. So, of course mum had to cook as this is one son who preferred home cooking. What was for dinner? Oh yes, we had fish asam pedas, chicken masak merah, ikan siakap goreng and vegetable, which was actually for the parents. I was tired yet I still cooked since he would want to eat in.

So, today, being Friday and a weekend for me, after Friday prayers and lunch (ikan jenahak masak lemak cili api, sotong goreng kunyit, egg tofu with chicken sauce and vegetable) Akmal and I went off shopping. Just the two of us for bonding and quality time together. He needed a few items for his internship in Langkawi next week. I would be busy during weekdays. Thus, I suggested we went today. Of course, he drove. We bought the items needed and ended up at Georgetown kopitiam for tea. We talked and exchanged news - personal, studies, plans for the future, his girlfriend .... ;-}}  

We had a good time out together. We had an easy and open  relationship. Even though he had not returned for a year, we went to KK last November to see him. We chatted through facebook and spent hours on the phone updating each other. Thank you Allah. For the three boys. For the love and bonding that we shared. As we grow older, the boys have become more patient and tolerant with me. I may be the most untypical, unstereotypical and unconventional mother they have yet they accept my idiosyncracies and weirdness. I am glad for our open and close relationship even though they never cross the line of mother-son borderline. They have become not only my sons but also friends, confidante, advisers, critics .... The simplest reasonable explanation? I love them and they love me. Unconditionally. Nothing much is needed. Alhamdulillah.



No comments:

Post a Comment