Wednesday 5 June 2013

5th JUNE 2013 - Tronoh

We got ready to check out at 11:00am. We had a good night's sleep and rest. The room was comfortable and the basic facilities worked very well due to the hotel was still new. We checked out and dropped by McDonald's (where else) for breakfast. We were lucky there was still breakfast!!!! I had my usual hotcakes with butter and maple syrup with hot tea, Ikram had his hotcakes with chicken sausage and Syafiq had his Spicy Chicken burger. Then, with Syafiq's GPS we proceeded to Tronoh. It took us only 25 minutes and we found her house with ease.

It was lovely to see her after more than 25 years!!! We were in Kelantan together. She was in Pulai Chondong while I was in Pasir Mas. Yet, we only met about once or twice the duration of two years she was there. She got married to Zainuri, our senior in college, and transferred back to Ipoh. Zainuri was a soft spoken, gentle and very nice man. He still looked the same and they both were so happy. We just held each other tight and looked at each other while laughing at each other. We caught up with all the latest news while reminiscing old times and old friends. Zainuri went to the trouble to fry mee for us!! She has five children with a pair of twins. All were very successful in their academic achievement. The eldest was in Scotland doing medicine. We finally took our leave with my standard farewell greeting - See you when I see you. This was not goodbye just a temporary separation until we met again. InsyAllah.

I could only recite "Alhamdulillah" again and again. Thank you Allah for giving me the opportunity to meet up with these very dear people in my life. We bonded a relationship that went beyond time and distance. The same question arose - Why are you doing this? Even going through the trouble of spending the night in Ipoh just to see me? Same question from Hafizah and Muna. I did not know why. I just felt the urge. Allah had graced me this moment of time and making the journey and each meeting easy and smooth. What more could I ask from Him? I did not deserve His kindness and compassion but time and again He bestowed upon me with such favours that I could only said Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. 

At the same time, it was bonding time with the boys, Syafiq and Ikram. We would not have this time together again. After September, with Allah's grace, they would be off somewhere to further their studies. I would be on my own again during holidays. Life is full of surprises and unplanned incidents. We just accept. Besides, I have been having issues with my health since last year. So, while I still have my health, the financial resources from unexpected quarters, the boys, the time ..... maybe at this moment of time it was meant to happen. I was glad I did it. I was glad I made these few people happy with my presence. I was glad they felt they were significant enough in my life for me to look them up.

Mostly my thanks, gratitude and appreciation went to my sons, Syafiq and Ikram, for their unlimited patience, tolerance and time to spend it with me, taking care of me, slowing themselves down for me, making sure I did not push myself to the limits and making everything easier for me. I could never repay them their kindness and grace. May Allah always bless them for being considerate children to their mother. I asked for so little yet He gave me so much more. Thank you Allah. SubhanAllah. MasyAllah. Alhamdulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment