Thursday 30 May 2013

Appreciation Dinner

I appreciate the little things and gestures that anybody does for me. Especially from my sons. I just could not express my appreciation and thanks enough to Syafiq and Ikram who trailed with their mum to keep her company and making sure she was safe and well taken cared of. They were very patient, tolerant and humour my idiosyncracies and weirdness. When they asked me why I was doing this, I could not explain yet they respected my wish to look up these people who were once part of my life. Never once did they complained or grumbled about the waiting they had to do while I was catching up with my friends. They were my co-drivers, my mahram, my travel companions .... we talked a lot while travelling from one place to another. We sang songs that were familiar to us. We cracked silly jokes and Ikram being a sceptical and more often than not, quite cynical, was an interesting companion to exchange ideas and opinions. Thank you, Allah, for this time for us together. Just us. I could only recite Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah.

Thus, in appreciation of what they had done for me (giving and spending their time with me), Wah and I took them out for a special dinner at Mesra Kelana restaurant in Kelana Jaya. Of course, they did justice to the food. We all did ... :-)))


Lemon butter chicken - Syafiq's request - a balanced sourish sweetness
The famous roasted chicken fried rice - nice
Black Pepper Beef - very tender with the correct dash of black pepper
Butter Prawns - yummy, fresh large prawns - not oily or too buttery
Simple mix vegetable with the balanced mixture of vege
We added white rice. Our drinks were kedondong asam boi - I liked it - Ikram had carrot with milk, Syafiq with his starfruit juice and Wah had hot honey lemon tea. A satisfying meal that was loaded with appreciation and thanks. Wah's appreciation to the boys for accompanying me home to her and the family. ... simple gestures but huge impact... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment