Sunday 23 October 2011

Labbaikallah humma labbaik..... Mekah Part 2

Tabung Haji arranged a tour of Mekah town and the mosques nearby. We went to visit Jabal Uhud and Jabal Rahmah. I didn't like to see the condition of the camels. Once they were called the warriors of the desert. Proud, strong and hardened animal specially created as transport and war. Now, they were just on display, mistreated and worked for the entertainment of humans. Where was their pride? I know they were just animals but I felt for them. I refused to join those people to take photographs or climbed up the camels. I refused to support the abuse.                                                                                                                                                  
Jabal Rahmah was where Nabi Adam met Hawa after years of separation due to defying Allah's commands. I didn't climb to the top. Noor did. I didn't ask what he prayed for. This was the place where single men and women prayed to find their life partners.

Jabal Uhud was where the Muslims lost the war for not heeding Rasulullah's commands. We also went to Masjid Kuching (I can imagine all types of cats gathered here :-)) and Masjid Jin where I imagined all those naughty and mischievous Jins coming here to learn from Rasulullah but must be placated with some form of food i.e. the bones of animals. We also visited the market place where we saw some pilgrims buying foodstuff to cook. I loved the fruits. Since it was near the Mediterranean, the fruits were plentiful, colourful, large and juicy especially the apples and oranges. 

The cemetery where the dead were buried. It was slightly out of Mekah. Women were not allowed. We watched through the glass windows. The stones were grave markers. Little did we realised that Allahyarham Nazri would reside here. The few good men already chosen by Allah swt to be his guest here forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment