Sunday 23 October 2011

How comforting..... :-)

I dreamt of Mak last night. It had been some years since I last dreamt of her. It was a comforting sort of dream. I dreamt I was on a journey home to the old house. The journey was along some kampung houses, a walk through some trees, bushes....a safe, protected surrounding. I walked on and saw 4 young men selling drinks. I asked who the stall owner was. One of them pointed to the fourth young man. I told him if it was his stall, then he should be the one who  mixed the drinks and not his friend. He got up and mixed the drink. None of them uttered a word. I continued my walk along a sort of country walk. I just could not describe it. I reached my old house. I realised and saw suddenly that my house was surrounded by a waist height type of wall with openings on top of it where it was full of pots of flowers. It was beautiful. I knew Mak loved gardening and flowers but I couldn't recall a wall full of it. Anyway, it was a typical kampung house where all the doors and windows were wide open! Whoever heard of locked doors and grilled houses then!!!!


So, I just stepped over the walled flowered fence and entered the house. Mak was standing in the sitting area. I didn't enter deeply into the house. Just stepped into it and told her that I wanted my car keys as I had to fetch a friend. She just nodded and smiled. She looked calm and just like Mak when she was younger and strong.

Then I heard splashed water like somebody was taking a shower. I told her if it was Bapak, please informed him that I had to go and get my friend before it was dark. I didn't want him to be angry with me. (even in death!) He hated his children to be out after maghrib. I took the keys which was hanging on the wall. I went out to get the car. I remembered turning right to go home so I deduced that I had to turn left to go out again. I drove the car straight to an end road which was blocked by a row of plants with white flowers. I reversed the car and saw a man in white standing by his house full of the same plants. I nodded at him and suddenly saw a car behind me turning right. So, I followed suit and reached the main road.
What do you make of that? I woke up suddenly and saw that it was 3:27am. I said Alhamdulillah if it was her and not the satan. I realised that none of the people I met in my dream uttered a word. I asked Uztazah this morning. She said very few people could dream of the dead and those who dream of them are by themselves very special. I like that. Mak wanted to tell me that she was alright. The journey in my dream was to show me her place there. The people were all souls there. I hope so. Everyday my prayer is that whatever kindness and good deed that I do in this world, may Allah bestow it upon her so that she would have a peaceful and calm life over there. "Setiap kebaikan dan doa anak akan sampai kepada si mati dan membantu meringankan kehidupannya di alam sana". InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment